KUA

KUA

1/30/08

Home already!!

Wow, that was fast! I'm home already.

Alien didn't have school today. There was a power failure last night that effected her school. So she came with me to the hospital. So glad she did, too. She did all the running around, and coordinating stuff for me while I was under the knife. Single Son had to be in court today ... so he just dropped us off - would pick us up afterwards. Poor thing, he had to work a double shift, go to court and play taxi to my happy ass. He's finally able to go to bed.

OMG!! What a laugh. Had to put on those support hose before surgery. The ones that go up to the tops of my thighs. Talk about a struggle. Alien and I laughed so hard It was like trying to fit a whale into a tuna can. But I did it!! And I have to leave 'em on the rest of the day? Good, 'cause I'm not looking forward to the struggle to get 'em back off. Gonna need poor Alien to pull 'em off me (hopefully without laughing, too).

Tired as hell now. Gonna crawl into bed shortly. Happy nappy time. Then off to get my pain meds prescription filled. I could have done it on the way home from the hospital, but decided to wait until later. Since the surgeon wants me up and walking later this evening anyway, thought I'd kill two birds with one stone, LOL.

So ... now I have a flatter belly. LOL! Finally really feel the weight loss - or maybe because the hernia's been fixed it's all in my head that I FEEL thinner. No more poofy belly - well, not exactly true, I still have a poof, but no where near as big as before. YIPPEE!!!

Love ya'll ...


14 comments:

  1. Get well soon, Lisa...and take some scissors to those hose when you want to take them off, I'm sure you don't plan to wear them again!! {{HUGS}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. no laughing without splinting, please!

    glad it went good and you got to have alien around.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glenda, I wish I could!! However, they told me that w/ the diabetes and the circulation problems I have (swelling in the legs) that I'm to wear them whenever needed. Great. Most women go to WalMart for their hose. Not me, I now get mine from the Medical Supply store. LOL! They gave me six pairs of these damned things. 48 years old and have to wear support hose. I'm turning into my grandmother already!! Oy vey!! Wahhhhhhh ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy ... really!!!! Believe me, there'll be NO laughing tonight. Chuckling hurts!! Then again, so does moving, coughing, sneezing, belching (they gave me a warm coke at the hospital!! YIPES!) and eating. But I'll take this pain over the pain of the hernia any day !!!!!! I know this pain isn't for long. I can deal with this (and a few vicodin to help). HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad that went well! I know you're relieved!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dana, very relieved, thanks!!! Only a few more days of pain and then pain free. Been years, literally!! Yeah, two years of hernia pain. No more. YIPPEE!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I am SO GLAD you made it through okay! That was FAST! I HATE those hose! I had my veins treated a couple of times and used to wonder why I had a sore neck the entire time I had to wear them. Then I realized I way lying on my bed and trying to tug those things on and actually was straining my neck in the process!!! Good luck getting those things off. At least 'off' is way easier than 'on!'

    Take care of yourself and keep us posted!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Leann, I was thinking ... I know - dangerous territory for me, lol. Anyway - taking them off will be a breeze. All I gotta do is roll 'em down! Easy 'nuf for even me to attempt. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. TRUST ME....hubby made me laugh in the E.R. yesterday and it didn't feel good at all...then, he kept trying to do it more just to bug me *men~sigh*! The vicodin will do wonders, but, don't do what I have today and think that just cuz you feel' better that you are...my shoulder will be paying me back later I'm sure.

    It's great that you have had that damn thing taken care of and I'm so happy that it went well. As for the hose...well...don't hurt anything else while trying to deal with those silly things. Enjoy your rest...love you bunches! MWAH!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hannah ... yup, hate laughter when there's pain involved!! No fun. BUT heavens help we make them laugh if they're the ones hurting. Grrrrrr. I remember my first c-section 28 years ago ... my ex-brother in law had me laughing so hard the day after surgery I actually popped to staples! Six or so surgeries later, I've learned to shut off the humor part of my brain!!

    Alien just took me up to the pharmacy to get my meds. Walking around I feel much better!! Thinking now that even thought it's sooooo cold outside I'm going to walk to the end of my street and back about once an hour. Now's the time I wish we had a treadmill. I'd be walking on that!!

    Love ya!! HUGS!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I hope this helps and you are pain free.

    My kids had the day off also slippery roads We watched movies to cold to go anywhere I love Transformers my kids think it is funny. They are sure something is wrong with me LOL YOU KNOW their is LOL
    Hope your feeling better fast

    HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS =)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cass, thanks!! Actually feeling pretty good. Pain isn't too bad after walking around Walgreens for a bit. I just emailed my photoshop teacher and told her I will be in class tomorrow. I know I can do the walk from the parking lot to the classroom.

    LOL!! Watching Transformers - the kids wondering if you're okay!! How funny!! I'm a sucker for the kids show "Jane and the Dragon". I get teased unmercifully, too!!

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Kitty ... gonna just enjoy chilling for a few days ... all I *have* to do is study for two tests next week. Easy enough to do from under my blankie!! LOL! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete