LOL! I wish!!! Then again ... we start our drive along M23 along the east shore before sunrise. We make a lot of stops along the way - Pinconning, the Presque Isle lighthouses, wading a few times at various spots along the route. By the time we get to Mackinaw it's usually time for a late dinner. That gives us at least an hour to enjoy the area before the sun starts to set!! A straight shot down I-75, and we're home about five hours later.
speaking of which...i'm about to meet two other blog buddies i've know since the 360 days....got me thinking....if bob and i go up to mackinac this summer, would you be up for catching lunch somewhere in between there and detroit?
heck, for that matter--how far a drive is toledo for you?
Too funny...
ReplyDeleteWe used to drive through here when I was a kid on the way to Grandma's house. I loved that BIG mouse. LOL
ReplyDeleteOne thing Michigan's got is lots of "cheese" LOL we can take a theme and run with it like nobody's business! LOL
ReplyDeleteAwwwww...Just a squirrel trying to get his nut...
ReplyDeleteI love to take day trips here with the kids... so relaxing.... aaaahhhhhh....
ReplyDeleteI've taken a few day trips here, too!! Problem being that these are 26 hour day trips for me since I'm starting from the Detroit area!! LOL!!
ReplyDeleteLOL Yeah, it takes about and hour to get there from here.
ReplyDeleteLOL! I wish!!! Then again ... we start our drive along M23 along the east shore before sunrise. We make a lot of stops along the way - Pinconning, the Presque Isle lighthouses, wading a few times at various spots along the route. By the time we get to Mackinaw it's usually time for a late dinner. That gives us at least an hour to enjoy the area before the sun starts to set!! A straight shot down I-75, and we're home about five hours later.
ReplyDeletespeaking of which...i'm about to meet two other blog buddies i've know since the 360 days....got me thinking....if bob and i go up to mackinac this summer, would you be up for catching lunch somewhere in between there and detroit?
ReplyDeleteheck, for that matter--how far a drive is toledo for you?