Put your thinking caps on, Friday Fivers, and take on today’s challenge. The following statements are prompts that a writing teacher (such as your humble Admin today) might use to jump start a student’s pencil. Feel free to be as brief or elaborate as you want. Entries will NOT be marked up for grammar & punctuation, so you needn’t worry about that!
1. What would you do if you saw a friend cheating or even breaking a law--report it, confront the friend, nothing--and why?
It really depends on what the "offense" was. I don't tolerate any type of stealing - so that would be reported. Cheating would end in confronting the friend with "you're only cheating yourself by cheating" and if it continued I would report it to the proper people. Cheating in a relationship I'd confront the friend.
2. What do you think of someone who has bad manners? I don't like people with bad manners. There's no excuse to be ill mannered or rude to anyone. The world would be a much better place if people remembered their manners when dealing with others - whether it's at the store, work, school, home or on the road.
3. What kind of program do you enjoy most on TV--detective shows, comedies, game shows--and why? I love detective and cop shows. From vintage shows like Ironside and Rockford Files to Cops, CSI, Cold Case and more. I also love British Comedies (Britcoms) ... Keeping Up Appearances, Are You Being Served, Benny Hill and so many more. Why? Hmmmmm ... I've always loved cop shows - and with having a son that is a cop - it's only natural we watch a lot of cop shows, LOL. Not sure why I love Britcoms other than that I enjoy them.
4. Should there be a dress code in places such as school, restaurants, and places of business? Why or why not? When I hear *dress code* I think of school uniforms and the dark blue suits that EDS used to require their employees wear. Uniforms in school isn't a bad idea ... have you been to a high school lately? LOL. Too many distractions for the kids. Having them in uniforms takes those distractions away and the social pressures of low income kids who just can't afford to be seen in the *right* clothing. As far as work or in restuarants ... I know personally I'm more likely to frequent a business or restaurant if the staff (and clients or patrons) are professional looking or at least care about their appearance.
5. What makes your best friend your best friend? Hmmm, I don't have a best friend ... I do have close friends, though. I guess what makes a best friend in my opinion is being able to trust that person with your secrets, your hopes and your dreams. Someone who is there for you during your deepest darkest hours to support you and not judge. Someone who is painfully honest when the need arises but will never critisize you. A best friend is that person who you think of first when something happens "OMG, just wait 'til he/she hears this"!! Someone who laughs at your jokes or wipes away your tears. That one person you want to be with. Most of all a best friend someone that feels the same way too.

Thanks for mentioning Ironsides and Rockfort files, those used to be shows i liked. Had almost forgotten them. Good memory.
ReplyDeletehttp://vickiecollins.multiply.com/journal/item/409
Vickie, not really a good memory! I'm lucky to remember the names of my own kids most days!!! Those shows just happen to be on the local retro tv channel. LOL!
ReplyDeleteIf you're in the mood for some good retro tv shows check out www.hulu.com ... they have a bunch of old shows ... Dragnet, Ironside, Adam 12, Emergency! and so many more!! You don't have to join (free membership, though) to watch the tv episodes.
Hey hon, your answers are brill!! Happy weekend darling, Lxx
ReplyDeleteLonnwy, you were right when you said this one was a real thinker!! Have a great weekend, too! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteFantastic answers!
ReplyDeletegood blog
ReplyDeleteGreat answers, well put
ReplyDeletehttp://luvzoeygirl3.multiply.com/journal/item/68/Friday_Five....PONDER_THIS
great answers.
ReplyDeleteHave to agree with you on all of these. All Great answers!!
ReplyDeleteGreat and beautiful answers. I liked them Ty. Mine is at - http://jayaramanms.multiply.com/journal/item/236/236
ReplyDelete