This week's theme is SOMETHING MORE . . . there are things and events in life that make such an impact and difference in the quality of our lives or enriching and fulfilling us as in a dream job or a special gift of little monetary value rich in sentiment . . . something more that was missing before.
Elaborate as much or as little as you want!
1. My "something more" as a child . . . my teddy bear. I was six days old when I recieved *Teddy* as a Christmas gift from my grandparents. Teddy was to be my companion on many an adventure. He traveled to D.C. with my dad and I on a business trip, got to meet our Congressman, and toured the Smithsonian with us. He's ragged and torn, but now takes up a place of honor in my home.
2. My "something more" as a teenager . . . memories of my two brothers playing hockey. I was probably their biggest fan! I went to every one of their games, even went to almost all of their practices (even those 4 am practices)! I'd have a cold drink waiting for them after they got off the ice, and I'd carry their gear bags out to the car. I'd yell and scream myself hoarse cheering them on!!
3. "Something more" from my school days . . . Summer vacations!! We had a summer cottage up in Houghton Lake. Many, many fond memories of taking the sailboat out, of going "to town" to shop at the quaint gift shops, or play putt-putt golf, or ride the go-carts. Going with Grandma to Dairy Queen late in the evening for an ice cream cone. Lazy summer days of being just kids - of not having a care or worry in the world.
4. My "something more" as an adult . . . wow, narrow it down to one experience, eh? I can't ... I guess my something more would be my ability to laugh at life, especially when it's at its worse. Life is just too short to take seriously all the time!!
5. My future "something more" . . . To overcome the obstacles I've been given ... to start my own business out of state ... to continue to grow and to finally prosper. It's been a long journey. But it'll happen ...
If you would like to participate in the Friday 5:
Copy the questions and post your answers to your blog,
Leave a comment on the page at The Friday Five @ 360
or The Friday Five @ Multiply to let others know your post is up so they can visit your blog..
You can participate at either page or both, the choice is yours.
Fun, easy, and no time limit.
Let's Play !!
Yeah! A hockey fan. Good answers!
ReplyDeleteGreat memories, I can't answer most of these because my childhood and teen years were horrible so I tend to block most of it out.
ReplyDeleteI commented on 360.....BooHoo. My bad.
ReplyDeleteGreat something more's list! I can relate with the Teddy bear one, for sure! I have this bear that I got when I was very little, about 4 or so, and my brother gutted it, and my sweet grandmother patched it back up. You can see the stitches that she sewed with love as I bawled my head off! My two littlest ones have enjoyed this bear very much!
ReplyDeleteHave a great weekend, I really hope it DOES warm up around here, I am SO over all this cold!
btw...a friend made a suggestion on how to set up my "mypage" to show entire blogs, that totally ROCKS! It more or less reminds me of the yahoo homepage, thus making this much more enjoyable now...I just has to find my way! {{HUGS}}
ReplyDeleteGreat memories =) Absolutely life is too short ~ keep on laughing
ReplyDeleteWow - I wasn't nearly as dedicated to my brother's hockey career! What good memories you all must have. Thanks for sharing.
ReplyDeletehttp://cheriberi.multiply.com/journal/item/236/Friday_Five_Something_More