Helen, that's so funny when that happens!! I don't know how many games I've been to where they kept playing and the fight went on for a few minutes before the Refs figured out there was a fight at the other end of the ice. Forget the "fight cheers" that should have been their first clue! LOL!
Phil, I looked for *hockey bloopers* on youtube and came up with a bunch of great fight videos. I don't recall seeing that one you mentioned though. Oh, there was one from the Russians that was great - the whole team was out there brawling.
LOL!! There's actually an art to hockey fights. When my brother was alive and still playing hockey he was what was considered a *goon*. He was a great skater, but because of his sheer size (bodybuilder too) he wasn't exactly grace on ice - or a strong puck handler ... but as a *goon* he was great!! Basically it was his job to go in there, rough the other team up, slam 'em to the boards a few times and otherwise tire 'em out while the goal-makers did their job. And he was darned good at it, too!! Problem was, other teams had their goons, too, and my brother fast became their target. LOL. Made for some darned exciting hockey, and some pretty good fights.
I love how the play just goes on around them LOL
ReplyDeleteI saw a great hockey fight on a website where a player got into a fight and then after getting penalized went after 3 more players.
ReplyDeleteHelen, that's so funny when that happens!! I don't know how many games I've been to where they kept playing and the fight went on for a few minutes before the Refs figured out there was a fight at the other end of the ice. Forget the "fight cheers" that should have been their first clue! LOL!
ReplyDeletePhil, I looked for *hockey bloopers* on youtube and came up with a bunch of great fight videos. I don't recall seeing that one you mentioned though. Oh, there was one from the Russians that was great - the whole team was out there brawling.
ReplyDeleteI WAS ALSO RATHER IMPRESSED AT THE PROTOCOL, THEY ALL DROPPED THEIR WEAPONS(OK HOCKEY STICKS) AND GLOVES FOR A REAL FIST FIGHT VERY CIVILISED LMAO
ReplyDeleteLOL, sticks are considered dirty fighting. Gotta keep those fights clean!! ;)
ReplyDeleteLOL Of Course!
ReplyDeleteLOL!! There's actually an art to hockey fights. When my brother was alive and still playing hockey he was what was considered a *goon*. He was a great skater, but because of his sheer size (bodybuilder too) he wasn't exactly grace on ice - or a strong puck handler ... but as a *goon* he was great!! Basically it was his job to go in there, rough the other team up, slam 'em to the boards a few times and otherwise tire 'em out while the goal-makers did their job. And he was darned good at it, too!! Problem was, other teams had their goons, too, and my brother fast became their target. LOL. Made for some darned exciting hockey, and some pretty good fights.
ReplyDeleteWow now tahts smart! I just learnt something new too!
ReplyDelete