2) I can't believe how cooperative some of my neighbors were when that tree fell on the road on Sunday. These are people that otherwise keep to themselves. Sad when you think about it. The ones that helped out have been in this neighborhood for years - yet no one knew the other's name. At least we know *who* we can count on (and who is worthless) in the event of an emergency, eh?
3) Dad drove me nuts during that whole storm and power outage thing. He called me like every hour, draining my cell phone battery in the process, LOL. "Come out to the condo, we have electricity and A/C" or "How are you going to eat without power?" He just didn't understand that the drive out (17 miles) would have been dangerous with all of the power outages (no traffic lights). He finally told me if Mom was the reason for my decision to sit it out here at home, he made her promise to be nice - or - he said I could push her into the lake they live on.
4) Then add that Married Son was a huge pest, too, with the "come over here Mom, we have power and a basement to hide in" I was about ready to scream!! What I find funny about the whole thing is I'm 48 and am fully able to take care of myself, even in a power outage. And that's what I want to do ... sit it out at home - alone. I love to watch a good storm not hide out from it. Geesh.
5) Oh well. Things have settled down here a bit. Until the next storm anyway.
6) Both of the new kittens have already been adopted out. They're not even a week old and we've got two new homes for them! Yeah! I've given up on the idea of adopting out the Kitten Factory for now. I'm trying to talk Married Son into taking Shiloh and Missy Shamira with him when they move into a new house.
7) Yup, Married Son has decided not to move back here with me when Single Son moves out later this summer. With his line of work (salvaging and recycling) he needs a house with a garage. I don't have a garage, nor do I have room to build one (or the money to do so, LOL). And he knows there's no way I'd let him sort that stuff in my tiny backyard. So ... he and DIL have begun house-hunting. He wants to stay close to this area, so that Grandson can see both of his grandmas whenever he wants.
8) I'm getting closer to an empty nest!! Yippee! If they don't move too far away from me, I really think I can handle the empty nest. Funny how for as much as I wanted it for so long, now that it's closer I had my dreads about it. Maybe this is the solution? I will get my empty nest - well sort of empty since Alien won't be 18 for another year and a half - and still have the kids living close enough that I can handle it.
9) I finally found the lawn mower I want!! But for two grand it's going to be on my wish list for a long time. It's like one of those Room-ba vacuums - only for the grass!! How cool is that? Of course, if I did buy it, I'd also have to fence off the entire yard - I'll be darned if I'd let my expensive lawn-ba (or whatever they call it) wander over to the neighbors yard. See, I don't like either of my neighbors ... one side is Barky dog - the other side that man is worthless. Six young kids (one severely disabled), and three dogs in a three bedroom house and he won't lift a finger to help his wife - let alone a neighbor in need. Let 'em mow their own freaking lawns. LOL.
10) Can't think of another thought. Typical.

glad to hear you made it through the weather! there's more coming [as I can hear thunder in the background as I am typing.]
ReplyDeleteGee you guys are having some bad weather y'all made it to the news here again! LOL
ReplyDeleteHey its good they were all thinking and fussing over you but like you I'd be wanting to stay home!
Yikes @ $2000 for a lawn mower, oh yeah I'd be making sure it didnt escape to mow anyone elses lawn and never come home, it could travel a few blocks and you'd never know LOL