KUA

KUA

6/4/08

Kitties Update ...

There's only two kittens. Yippee!

Poor Alien had to sleep in the same room with them. She's usually a sound sleeper, but every sound she heard last night had her jumping up to check on the new babies. See, we can't close the door since Ros needs to get to the litter boxes (Alien brought food and water up to her room for Ros) ... so the other cats kept sneaking into Alien's room last night trying to check out the new babies. Ros wouldn't hear of it and kept letting out warning growls. The other cats finally gave up, but they all stayed in Alien's room and slept with Alien.

She's got a way with animals, that child does. And not just our pets, but any animal. Totally opposite Single Son and his bad luck with the animal kingdom, that's for sure!!

I haven't tried to get close to the kitties yet. I doubt Ros would let me. Alien, however, was allowed to check on them. She only saw one clearly enough, said it looks like a dalmatian, mostly white with a few tiger stripe *spots* on it. Said it's the ugliest kitten she's ever seen, LOL! I told her "now, remember they were just born, it'll take a while for them to register on the cute-ometer. Besides, you weren't that cute as a newborn yourself but look at you now!! " LOL. Yup, remember my philosophy ... "If your kids don't end up in therapy as adults you're raising 'em wrong".

Before leaving for school today Alien woke me up with "instructions" for the day. Check on the kittens frequently and to keep the others away. Riiiiiight. I'm going back to bed!! I barely slept last night. Ros will keep the others away just fine, trust me! Gotta laugh, though, it was cute. She's a hovering kitty-gramma, she is!!

Tonight is Game 6 of the Stanley Cup Playoffs. I'm sure Alien will come into the room a hundred times while I'm watching the game to tell me to shush because I'm scaring the "babies".


20 comments:

  1. LOL!! Never during a hockey game. It's impossible for me to sit there and silently watch a game!! I grew up in hockey arenas, and I take hockey very seriously! LOL! Sad thing is the only tv in the house that receives a signal is in my bedroom (the rest are hooked up to vcr/dvd players or gaming systems, LOL). So there's no way to hide out and watch the game on the tv set furthest away from the kittens. Unless I can talk Single Son into borrowing the van tonight and watching the game on the tv in there. LOL! I should ... the neighbors already suspect I'm nuts ... think watching the game (and screaming and yelling and cheering) would confirm their suspicions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww how sweet and what a good granmommy, leaving instructions for you hehe.

    ROFLMAO @ I should ... the neighbors already suspect I'm nuts ... think watching the game (and screaming and yelling and cheering) would confirm their suspicions?
    Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nutty as can be, that's me!! Of course, it's not like ya'll didn't already know that ... just be thankful ya'll don't live next door to me. LMAO ...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I dont know, Imight enjoy it and even help heck we could build cubbys together lolololol

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL!! That'll work for me!! Oh oh oh ... you just gave me an idea. I do have a portable (battery operated) tv here. I should make a cubby and watch it on the front lawn!! LMAO ... they'd call the cops on me for sure - or the guys with the pretty white jacket with the neat arm straps.

    ReplyDelete
  6. lolololol, I just about wet myself then! Omg too funny you know I would seriously be there with ya! One must nurture their inner child and not let her get old hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  7. Now, Helen, we just need to have this rain stop. I don't have any waterproof blankets around here in which to build a cubby in the rain.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If it stops, promise you'll take photos... LOL..

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL Helen!! IF seems to be the operative word in that sentence. So far it doesn't look like it will.

    I got a nice nap in. Tired as heck now, lol. At some point while I was napping Alien came home from school. She's been cleaning her room out ever since. LOL!! That's all it took to get her to clean her room? A litter of kittens? Geesh.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kelly, heck ya!! GO WINGS ...

    ReplyDelete
  11. Tell her not to clean too much Ros Might not recognise where she is and move the kittens LOL.

    Sometimes after I nap it makes me tireder than what I was too! Short power naps are the best although its kinda hard when you dont wake up after twenty minutes LOL

    ReplyDelete
  12. LOL!! Alien not only cleaned up considerably but she didn't like that the kitties were on the carpeting so she lifted them and slid an old hoodie under them. Momma just stood there, watching. She allowed Alien to make up a bed for the babies and hasn't tried to move them yet! I doubt she will, she'll stay as close to Alien as she can while having a safe nest for the babies.

    My nap was really all the sleep I got since yesterday morning. I didn't sleep for squat last night, an hour at the most ... so my three hour nap was really needed. I'm too geeked right now to be too tired. It was one hell of a hockey game - and yes, Wings won the Stanley Cup!! Married Son and Grandson were here with Alien and me to watch the game. Grandson really got into mimicking Grandma rooting the Wings on. It was just too cute for words.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Alien and Ros belong together you have to keep her! LOL

    LOL @ grandson mimicing you..
    I have no clue about the teams but hey WOOOOHOOO Wings won!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Yeah, I'm suspecting we do have to keep her now. LOL ...

    It was all I could do to not laugh as Grandson's yelling "Go Wings" ... or HOCKEY HOCKEY HOCKEY as he made his mean face ... just too funny!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I wonder if you had the camera out if he would have changed his mean face to a smile.

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOL!! Nope, wouldn't have mattered at all. He gets this pretend mean face - sort of like a wrestler (or hockey player, LOL) growling. It's his *strong man mean* face. Funny as all get-out!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. How are the kitties today? Are you going to get a kitty name book? lmbo! hehe ;0) Sounds like Alien is "warming up" to them. YaY!
    I think I need to go to bed early 2night myself. I'm a little sleep deprived.
    Have a gr8 night!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Angie, Kitties are fine. I can hear them meowing from across the hall from time to time. They've got a set of lungs on 'em that's for sure. Had to laugh at Alien this morning before she left for school ... after school today she'll be at her dad's house for about a week ... "Now Mom, I put food and water in my bedroom for Ros. Make sure she doesn't run out, please. I'm going to call or message you daily to see how the babies are." Mother Hen that one is!!

    ReplyDelete