2) It's Single Son calling to apologize for not responding to a text message I left him Monday evening. He said he couldn't get to it, as he was in the Emergency Room. Excuse ME?? Talk to me boy!! Long story made short, he was in a car accident with the company vehicle. Not his fault. Some woman side-swiped him as he was bringing a co-worker back from the ER for an earlier accident she had at work. He's okay, the co-worker is a bit banged up from *two* accidents she'd been in yesterday ... the driver responsible for the accident is okay, as is her passenger. Her car is totalled, the company truck Son was driving was moderately damaged.
3) I just gotta stop thinking that *nothing* is going on. Every time I acknowledge that it's been dull around here, something happens. I'm just glad no one was hurt.
4) In other news ... I'm almost afraid to say there is no other news. It's been rather uneventful around here lately. Excepting for Barky Dog going at it most nights until someone informs the dopey neighbor it's time to bring Barky in for the night and a few squirrel incidents it's been quiet around here.
5) Just found out I won't be able to reserve a seat at the park for the Village Fireworks. They fall on July 4th this year, the same day as Dad's birthday. There's no way I can make it from Dad's party then find parking in the Village for the Fireworks in time. I'll end up pulling somewhere off the side of the road, and hoping for a good enough spot to see the fireworks. Sorry Amber ... I was so hoping to have front row seats so I could take pictures for you this year!! They always have the fireworks on the Friday closest to the Fourth. Figures the year I actually promised pictures for someone is the year I have problems. Funny thing is, Single Son said the Chief wants someone to take pictures of the Fair and fireworks for a new website they're creating. I lost my chance to be the photographer.
6) Oh well, family takes priority! My Dad's health isn't the best. Never know if this is the last birthday we may have with him. The Village Fair and fireworks will always be there. Daddy won't.
7) LOL! Single Son just got home or so I thought (come to find out he snuck in the house about half hour ago, LOL). Comes into my room to talk to me. He's fine. He said, though, that something was wrong with the one cat, Ringo, that I better go check out. I go to investigate only to find Ringo sitting outside my door, looking mad as hell. Seems Single Son decided it'd be fun to torment the cat with some tin foil around his tail. Poor Kitty!!
8) Alien is now on summer visitations with her Dad. She's with me a week, him a week. This is his week. It's quiet around here. Should I mention that? Probably not. Damned Gremlin will probably add some more excitement to my life now.
9) Well, the car is acting weird again. Not sure what it's doing ... other than the engine races whenever it wants. Driving to see my lawyer the other day it was like the cruise control was on and I coasted along merrily at 70 miles an hour. Only problem was I hadn't set the cruise control! I mentioned it to my lawyer, who's a weekend mechanic and he thinks it's the fuel injection. Just dandy. All I need is another problem with that car.
10) Wow, for someone who didn't think I had ten thoughts this week, I didn't do too bad, LOL. Off to watch some vintage "Lost In Space" episodes on www.hulu.com.

Lol, there's never 'nothing going on' when you have kids! Poor Ringo - do boys ever grow up?
ReplyDeleteHelen, so true, so true!! I have kids, therefore there's alway some excitement. And no, they never grow up! He's 28 ... the chance to grow up has long passed him by. Then again, *if* he did grow up there'd be less excitement around here. Hugs!
ReplyDeleteGlad that no-one was hurt in the car accident! Your sons co-worker must have been wondering what the heck she got up for that day!
ReplyDeleteBummer about the fireworks but your right the fireworks will be there forever!
Poor Ringo.. but 'tis funny LOL!
Ohh ohh ohh my car did something like that once I cant remember what it was typical! I know once the accelerator was sticking and the other time it was......ummm umm grrr ok I officially forget!
Soo for your listening pleasure (except theres no sound) LOL
Wow! Glad your son is ok.
ReplyDeleteHelen Jane and Dana, Thanks. I'm just glad that he's okay, too. He said the truck got turned around on impact - that it was facing the opposite direction than they were originally traveling. The truck bed was knocked loose and the rear window was shattered. Wasn't his first accident in a company vehicle. I'm sure it won't be his last. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr. Sad thing is I think there's a sign of some sort that follows him around that says HIT ME ... he never once has caused any of the accidents he's been in. He was driving one of those "circle" intersections (I don't know what they're called - turn abouts, I think). All I know is that the moron who thought those complicated intersections would be a good idea in Michigan have never driven one of them before OR doesn't know how bad most Michiganders drive!
ReplyDeleteHelen Jane, I'm hoping to catch some of the fireworks at least. Providing I can get away from Brother Deere's house early enough, LOL. I just hope from my less than ideal vantage point I can even see them! It's a small village (population is under 3,000) but over 120,000 were in attendance of last year's fireworks. Makes for a definite lack of parking. Lots of traffic, though. Think I may just avoid it altogether this year and try again next year when I have a day to devote to the festivities.
Yeah, poor Ringo! He got over it pretty quick though.
Married Son said he'd had the same thing happen to him a few times when he had that car. Told me to turn off the engine and restart it, that it would usually cure the problem. I restarted it when it was safe to do so, but it didn't help much. After my lawyers appointment the car ran fine. Figures.
Rockin' Squirrel! I love it!! Hugs!!
Well, DOIH!!! I have photos of the 2006 fireworks for you Amber!! I'll post them in an album for your enjoyment. Geesh, what a dork I am. LOL!
ReplyDeleteBeen pretty quiet here. Its kind of nice. *crosses fingers, toes and eyes for good luck*
ReplyDeleteOMG!! Shades!! How the hell are you, girl??
ReplyDeleteWe have roundabouts here and they are ridiculously dangerous for folks who aren't used to them. Glad everything turned out OK - or at least better than it could have. And may nothing happen the rest of your week ;).
ReplyDeleteWe have roundabouts here and they are ridiculously dangerous for folks who aren't used to them. Glad everything turned out OK - or at least better than it could have. And may nothing happen the rest of your week ;).
ReplyDeleteWe have roundabouts everywhere.. theres still some people who think that both lanes are theirs when theres dual.. and just cross over whenever they feel like it whether your there or not LOL... for the most part they actually work really well as long as people know and remember the rules. =)
ReplyDeleteEm, that's the problem! They stick those round-abouts at busy intersections hoping it'll stop traffic accidents. Only problem is, it creates more because people have NO idea how to use 'em. As it is Michiganders are some of the worst drivers -- rude and always in a hurry to get wherever it is they are going. Hey we may build 'em here, but relatively few really know HOW to drive 'em!
ReplyDeleteHelen ... that's the problem!! Turn-abouts are new here. Not many people even care to learn the principles behind them and how to safely navigate them! Personally they scare the hell out of me, because you never know when some moron is going to merge into the exact space you're vehicle is occupying - the way Single Son's accident happened.
ReplyDeleteI am always careful even though we have had them for many years, its kinda scary taht we still have people who dont know lol..When used correctly they are actually very effective in keeping the traffic flowing.
ReplyDeleteGetting married next month so I guess I really shouldn't have said quiet. Just a summer mostly without my kids so its very quiet.
ReplyDeleteHelen, luckily we don't have too many of them - so they're rather easy for me to avoid if I know where they are, LOL. Hey, I don't like my car a whole lot these days, but I sure don't wanna get into a wreck in one of those circles.
ReplyDeleteShades ... congrats!!! Hmmmm, quiet this summer with the kids away? Does that mean you'll have time AFTER the wedding to blog? Miss you!!! Hugs!
ReplyDeleteYour car sent my car issues lmaooooooooo.
ReplyDeleteToday it decided the oil light should go on and stay on..but it had a couple of turns of feeling like I had accelerated and was running very smoothly like I wasn't in control.
I've put il in will have to see what it's like tomorrow.
Helen, oops. Sorry 'bout that!! Tell your car it can stop sympathizing with my car!!
ReplyDeleteMy car has a "check engine soon" light that came on suddenly a few days ago and won't go off. I shouldn't have to recheck the engine, it's been practically rebuilt in the last year!! I have to get it up to the auto supply store and have them run a diagnostic on it to find the "code" needed to turn it off. It's still a little weird with the ghostly cruise control thingy, too. But I'm not making any more major repairs on that car. Any repair over about $50 for parts forget it. Married Son will work on it to save me mechanic expenses. LOL.
hahah My check engine light comes on every time I start the car but goes off just as fast. The oil light has a ghost I'm sure..it's off then on then flickering its driving me crazy!!! I am not spending any more money on this car, I really want a new one but this one actually has to die first LOL
ReplyDeleteMy oil light is fixed woohoo. The electronic gauge thingy that brings the light on was disconnected and having it contacting on the engine could have accounted for the weird other stuff. Its reconnected the light is off will see how it runs laters yayy!!
ReplyDeleteHelen, mine never goes off! LOL. A flickering oil light would drive me bonkers! Don't blame ya, I don't want to put any more money in my car either. I'll be getting the van soon enough. It's just keeping the car alive long enough to take over the van. LOL!
ReplyDelete