KUA

KUA

6/26/08

The Misadventures Of A Harried Shopper

No, that's not hairy shopper!

I decided today would be a good day to go buy my digital converter boxes. That should have been my first clue that the day would be a frustrating one - me *wanting* to go shopping!! That never happens. I H.A.T.E. shopping!

Knowing what shopping does for my mood I decided to call around first to find what the stores had in stock as far as digital converter boxes go. I have my mind set on an RCA box ... they have the best reviews from consumers over the other products of similar prices. Anyway ... first store I called they were out. Second store - same story. Tenth store, the same. Grrrrrr!! I'm not sure how many stores I ended up calling, but I didn't think I left out any local stores. Finally I broke down and called Sears. They said they had five in stock! Yippee!! It was literally a two minute drive, so over to Sears I head. Nope, they don't have any either. The clerk had no idea why I was told they had five in stock. Personally I think they were holding inventory for others. And it's not the first time I've called Sears to be told an item is in stock only to get there to be told they're out. And I was not going to drive around to other Sears stores to find my item again! Not at $4 a gallon for gas!! Grrrrrrr.

I leave, frustrated and getting a little mad that Sears did it to me again. Wondering if I'll ever find a damned converter box before my coupons expire. There across the Maul parking lot I spy *Best Buy*. How could I have forgotten they were there? Soooooo ... over I head. The nicest salesman I've seen in ages greeted me with "How are you today, Ma'am". "How I feel depends on if you say 'yes' to my question". I asked if they had any converter boxes in stock. The look on his face was priceless. "Sorry, we don't. But before you hate me, we are getting a large shipment in tonight. Let me see how many boxes we are expecting to come in." And off he went to check the computer. "Ma'am, I have about a hundred of them coming in. I will be more than happy to hide one - I mean - hold one for you until tomorrow when you can come in". OMG!! I'm in love with this salesman! LOL!

He did say that because of demand the store is limiting converter box purchases to one per customer. So hopefully tomorrow I'll have at least one converter box. I'm seriously thinking of dragging both of my sons with me, each with a coupon in hand, so we can get three of them. Mybad. LOL!

And then I wonder what caused me to hate shopping as much as I do ...


9 comments:

  1. That stinks when you call and they say oh sure we have one and then you get there and nope we don't! Happened to me when we wanted to get the router for our wireless internet. Had to purchase the damn thing and wait until it arrived about a week later! And not a month after the warranty lapses it dies!! UGH

    ReplyDelete
  2. KittyKat, that stinks!! I had thought about ordering it and having it shipped to the store, but there's no online sales for the converter box. Figures. Probably a good thing, too, after hearing what you went through. And it would be my luck to have the warranty lapse then have the product die.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hate shopping, too! I LOVE online shopping, however!

    Good luck tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leann, online shopping is okay. I'd probably like it better if I wasn't broke all the time and could actually *shop*.

    Thanks, I'll need all the luck I can get, after all, it's the Maul I'm going to, LOL! ::shudder::

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good luck! Try to avoid all the screwed-up teens in front of the Orange Julius!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leann, that's not a problem - Orange Julius and about 2/3 of the other Maul occupants have deserted the Maul. It looks like a ghost town at the local maul anymore. Even the teens abandoned it for the mega-maul up the road a ways.

    http://www.deadmalls.com/malls/summit_place_mall.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. One good thing was all the phoning you did first. I never understand cavey driving from place to place and it frustrates me to pieces when he does it. Use the phone for goodnesss sakes LOL.
    Major bummer the store didnt have them though. Next time get the sales persons name and try and get the next one up at the same price because they didnt have what they said they did. That's worked for us at times. Em's mp3 player she got a much better one and he did it with her stereo too.. that was a great deal the better one cost around $200 more than the one he went for originally!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, even better - the salesman has my phone number and will call me as soon as they come in (along with a dozen other customers, too). We've dealt with this store before ... the sales clerks are great about call backs. It's just a matter of getting the darned thing to the store!

    The box I'm looking at sells for $50. With the $40 government coupon, it'll only cost me ten bucks. There's others on the market, much more expensive. A lot of those more expensive ones don't qualify for the coupon. And being as broke as I always am, I've got to stick to a budget on this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yep that's even better them calling you! Hope the call comes through in time. Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete