And I'm going over there to plant flowers for her. Which means she'll be standing over me, in the heat, telling me "you're doing it wrong". LOL. Thankfully, it's a tiny garden so I'll only have to endure about half an hour of that! She'll probably have other chores for me to do while I'm there, she usually does. "Climb the ladder and take those curtains down for me" or "I need you to help me sort through a box of something or other" or "Go look at Daddy's computer, it's acting strange again". Then we'll go out to dinner. At least if we stick to the normal routine we will, LOL. It's my reward from Daddy for surviving Mom's chore list.
I'm sitting here thinking that it's funny how as we age we need help with the things we used to be able to do. I can't do the lawn anymore, or even take the garbage out because of all the surgeries I've had - I can't lift more than 25 pounds without feeling severe abdominal pain and can't do anything too strenuous either (like pushing a lawn mower, LOL). I've had to rely on my kids for a few years to do what I can't anymore. Yet it seems so odd to hear my mom say "you have to do this for me, I'm too old to be doing it". Thankfully she's got my brother to do what I can't ... LOL.
Hoping ya'll are enjoying your Saturday! I know I'll be grateful when mine is over. LOL!

Sounds like you'll be pretty busy today! Have fun and enjoy them when you can...sounds like you can still do quite a few things!
ReplyDeleteI can almost picture your mom standing over you and telling you that you're digging a hole wrong...TOO FUNNY!
Hahaha your mom and my mom sound exactly the same!
ReplyDeleteBecause she got the legionaires from the potting mix she makes me wear a mask and I dont do the mask well and she fusses and fusses and yes you can not plant flowers properly LOL. She shouldnt be standing over me without a mask but she does go figure!!
Fix the airconditioning vents, oh and Helen can you change the batteries in the smoke alarm thingies.. etc etc. Yep somedays I cant handle mum either.. specially when she starts about my hair or weight or health or parenting skills . LOL
My mum has said to me for years the hardest thing about getting older is what you cant do physically but in your head your still fit and able and its hard for her to not be independant and do it herself.
There are sooooo many good things about living 6 hours away from my mom!!!
ReplyDeleteLOL
ReplyDelete