KUA

KUA

6/19/08

Owie!

How do you pronounce the word "envelope"?

I say "en-velope"
 
 3

I say "on-velope"
 
 3

I say it either way.
 
 0

Who cares as long as it contains a check for me!
 
 4

Alien and I were bagging the garbage from the can in the kitchen when the trash can flew out of her hands and landed on my baby toe! Ow!! Don't think it's broken, but it sure hurts. Swelled up, skin broken at the point of impact.

Kids, what can I say? LOL. No, it won't get her out of helping me in the future. I'll just be sure to wear steal-toed boots next time.

I keep saying "ow", she keeps saying "ha ha". Brat!!

My kids are weird. But we all knew that! LOL.

The other night at about 11 PM Single Son and his GF come into my bedroom, each with a beer in their hands. "Momma, whatcha doing?" Great he calls me "momma" I know he wants something. "I don't know what am I doing", I ask. "Driving us up to Taco Bell, we're too drunk to drive ourselves". So that's what I did. Drove 'em up to Taco Bell after 11 PM. Geesh.

Speaking of Single Son, he and I have this on-going argument. It concerns the word "ENVELOPE". He says "en-velope", I say "on-velope". It came to heads today when I told him he had an "on-velope" in the mail he'd been waiting for. He corrects me everytime I say it, he has for years. We've looked it up in the dictionary and of course they have both pronounciations. Nothing has solved this argument. Yes, he even goes nuts when he hears "on-velope" on television.

Not a lot else going on here tonight. Can't do much when I can barely walk thanks got a UFGC ... Unidentified Flying Garbage Can.

10 comments:

  1. Sorry Lisa but I say en-velope also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kitty, LOL! Don't apologize ... tomato, tomatoe ... LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, heck ya ... only the "on-velopes" I get always ASK for money ... just once ... just once I'd like to GET some of it, LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. ppphhhhbbt! it's "on-velope", and that's that. it must be, 'cause I say it's so, and I happen to know I am never ever wrong.....so "on-velope" it is!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Amy, LOL!! And Single Son says he's the one who's always right. LMAO!! I've asked him "well, if it's en-velope then what do they call the car ENVOY?? En-voy?? He says no it's "On-voy" since it's of French origin. So now when I see one on the road I make sure to say "oh, look. It's an En-voy". Telling him that ENVELOPE is also of French origin is of no help.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Actually I say it both ways.. en and on.. I voted en but the I thought about it lol.
    Hope your owie isnt owie anymore!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amber, so much for the argument I gave my son that the family is originally from England (by way of Canada for a few generations) and therefore most "en" words are said as "on". Besides, it's *proper* English to say "on-velope". At least that was always my Canadian-born Grandma's argument when we used the American pronunciation for certain words. LMAO!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, funny that before the whole "en/on" argument began I never noticed how people said the word. Now I notice it every time! LOL!

    Toe still hurts three days later. I can walk on it now, so it's not broken. Think it just jambed it pretty good. Thanks to the prescription cream I have for diabetic foot care, the sore that resulted from the impact has fully healed already.

    ReplyDelete