KUA

KUA

6/28/08

Friday Nite Fireworks Fun ...

Married Son and Grandson came over yesterday to mow the lawn. Afterwards we had a nice barbecue and lit off fireworks. Grandson was a hoot ... "Oh oh, there goes the driveway" or "Oh oh there goes Uncle's van". He loved the poppers and the sparklers. Wasn't too thrilled with anything that had a boom, whistle or lots of snap crackle and pop to them. He was better once I turned my camera over to him and let him record the fireworks. Funny how fearless he is when he gets to take pictures or record with Grandma's camera!

I took a bunch of photos ... enjoy. I know we enjoyed the evening!!




Grandson stomping on "poppers". He found it worked better than throwing them to the ground. He had quite a little dance going there.



Married Son running when Single Son threw a firecracker-like thing at him. Boys, they *never* grow up!




One of the smaller fireworks in the package Single Son bought. Of course they couldn't wait until dark so they lit off a half dozen or so of the smaller things.





For some reason I couldn't get the whole video to upload. But at least you can hear Grandson in the background saying "There goes the drive-waaaaaay". It was just too cute!

7 comments:

  1. Very cute! Fireworks are illegal here unless put on for skyworks or an event.

    Your right boys will be boys LOL.
    Looks like it was lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Helen, it was a lot of fun! Most of it with Grandson in my lap saying "I don't like it" and "Don't do that again, please". Some of the time he'd protest and then end with an "ohhhhh" or "ahhhh" after the firework had gone out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww poor baby.. I dont like the noises tehy make I have to admit but they sure are pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, It was soooooo cute ... Grandson covered his eyes, not his ears!! He'd peek through his fingers if he thought no one was watching him! As soon as he was "discovered" he'd quick as can be cover his eyes again! Wish I had thought to get some video of him doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL I love it when kids do stuff like that!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Maybe grandson will one day be a news reporter if he is fearless with the camera. Too cute.LOL

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a cute pic of your grandson popping the poppers!!
    Might have to make a video of Ash doing fireworks. fun idea ;0)
    LOL @ your son, they don't ever grow up! tee hee!

    ReplyDelete