KUA

KUA

6/3/08

Ten Thoughts Tuesday

1) OMG!! What a hockey game last night! Three overtime periods. A let down that the Penguins scored the winning goal. But it was a hell of a game anyway.

2) Married Son brought the "crew" with him yesterday to mow the lawn. His brother-in-law and a friend. Son text messaged me with a warning that the friend was heavily tattoed and pierced ... what he should have warned me about was the friend was wearing a kilt. Or was it a dress?? Is it a kilt *if* a Puerto Rican kid is wearing it? Although the piercings were a little extensive, too. Hard to keep a straight face when talking to a kid that has gauged ears (coulda put a silver dollar in those ear-holes they were so huge), and a spear in his nose.

3) So the lawn finally got mowed! Yippee! The tractor he brought with him died just as they were finishing up. What timing. Now that the lawn's been tamed I can have the lawn-guy come out and do it. He had refused because it had grown too long.

4) See ... this is how long the grass was ...



And you thought I was kidding when I said it was long enough to lose Grandson in!!

5) I really haven't been online lately. Been trying to catch up with ya'll ... darn near impossible. Ya'll been busy blogging!!

6) I still haven't figured out what I'm going to do about the car situation now. I will be taking over Single Son's van as soon as he gets a new car. I can't sell my car because I'll never break even with just the recent repairs on it. Four grand has been sunk into it in the last year, but there's no way I could get more than about a grand for it. Can't junk it, it'd be throwing all that money away if I did. Thought about selling the van, but won't make a dime on it either - yet to replace the car when it finally dies will cost me twice as much as I'd make on the van. Can't have Alien drive it either ... the insurance would kill me!! Besides, thanks to Bubba she owns a car anyway - and he's paying dearly for the insurance, hehehehe. Thought about giving it to Married Son so DIL would have a car - but he'd only turn around and junk it!

7) Alien wants to go with Tiger and me to my Class Reunion in July. Her excuse is if there's any little kids there she can watch them while the adults reminisce about the old days. Riiiiiiiiiiight, I can see that!! NOT!! Don't want to scare any of my classmates who have young kids with the Alien. I could see her mouth just running wild. That girl ain't shy!! Scary thing is her humor is exactly the same as mine was at her age.

Wow ... seven thoughts. This is getting harder ...

8) I read in Penguin's blog that she's getting back into beading. I really need to get off my behind and get back to it, too. I've got about a dozen unfinished beading projects just waiting for me to finish. Mostly diabetic alert bracelets. I got side tracked when I had to tear a few of them apart to add a "U" shaped wire-guard to keep them from breaking. I ran out of the wire guards and just never went back to the bead store for more. Maybe I'll do that this weekend when Alien's at her dad's house. Otherwise, shopping with her, even in the bead store is just too expensive. LOL!

9) Single Son and his GF have been on a cleaning spree. It's great! However, the messes made in the process are nuts. I'm really not complaining, though. At least someone is doing the heavy duty stuff that I can't do anymore.

10) I haven't used my dishwasher in about a year now. It's just easier for me to wash the few dishes we use a day by hand. I decided the other day to clean the dishwasher out and start using it again. Imagine my surprise when I opened it and there were half a dozen dishes in there! Do you know that dishes left in a dishwasher for a year will get moldy? YUCK!! And how did I not notice some of my dishes were missing? LOL. Easy. We have three sets of dishes we use on a daily basis. They aren't sorted in the cupboard, they're just stacked in any ol' way according to type of dish or bowl, but not by pattern. It was easy to overlook a few of them missing.

Ya'll have a great day. I'll be trying to catch up with ya'll today.


40 comments:

  1. Why cut the grass now? You have a field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That game....I'm paying the price today for sure, I'm exhausted out of my mind. I won't be able to do it tomorrow night, so I'll just have to catch the highlights on the news!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jill, a field is right!! I threatened to get a goat so that he could graze and not waste all that grass!! Too bad the township doesn't share my views. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glendagirl, I'm glad I only watched the game on tv! I don't think I could have stood the excitement of being there live. As it was my blood pressure went through the roof, lol. I'll be watching the next game, though. Call me a glutton for punishment. Or a die-hard fan. Or both.

    Had to laugh at Alien. She ditched the game early last night and went to bed. Today she went to school dressed all in red. Her Red Wings shorts and one of my Wings t-shirts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. Good game then...at least you got to see a game that kept you on your toes!

    2. I used to hang out with that guy! Seriously, some of the scariest people I've met are also some of the nicest!

    3. Our pasture gets like that! SCARY!

    4. Yup...looks familiar...but NEVER as green!

    5. Yeah...I give up on ever trying to keep up with everyone. I'd have a better chance of finishing all my laundry!

    6. Ooooh...that's a tough one!

    7. Then it seems like she'll turn out pretty cool...when the aliens have left her body!

    8. I hear ya on shopping with the kids! It's cheaper to pay a sitter to keep them rather than take them shopping with me!

    9. If you get tired of that, they are more than welcome to come HERE!!!

    10. That's so funny! And it sounds like something I would do!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Leann,

    1) the game kept me on my toes alright!! Alien found out that sitting near me during a lively hockey game is not advisable. I about beat the poor kid to death and not intentionally!!

    2) Funny thing is this guy sort of reminded me of Harley (whom I haven't seen since February). Made me realize I really didn't miss him as much as I thought I would have. Last I heard from Harley a few months back he was going to gauge his ears like that and he actually dyed his beard BLUE. Just too freaky for me, ya know? LOL!

    3) But ours isn't a pasture, it's a city lot! Tiny at that!! LOL!

    4) And getting greener. It's been raining all day today.

    5) Laundry?? What's that? Oh, that pile of clothes that I never can get to go away.

    6) Yeah ... tell me. Still trying to figure out a solution for that one, LOL. Could be worse, I guess. Better an extra vehicle than none at all, right? LOL.

    7) LOL, thanks ... and that's *IF* the aliens ever leave her body. I'm beginning to wonder.

    8) LOL!! Don't think Alien would like me hiring a sitter since she's 16. Thank heaven for visitation time with her dad! LOL!

    9) LOL! I'll tell them you offered. Just don't let them do any grocery shopping. They believe in buying in bulk! Yup, my freezer is full of waffles once again - ten boxes worth of waffles!

    10) All I can say is ... the science experiments have moved from the fridge to the dishwasher.

    ReplyDelete
  7. 10...but at least you can hit a few buttons and that science experiment takes care of itsef!!!

    *giggle*

    ReplyDelete
  8. After I soaked them in the sink for a while anyway. Was a little worried about the one that was the fuzziest. Didn't think it'd ever be fuzz free again. It's an antique serving bowl. But it seems to have survived just fine. Whew!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh I hate those sorts of piercings, I always wonder what the heck they think they look like.. Em thought she would try it in her ears, thank goodness it got boring for her and she stopped. A kilt? LMAO Oh yeah it woulda been hard to keep a straight face.

    Granson looks cute in the long grass but yeah can see what you mean now hey you can build cubby houses now ~ as soon as the rain stops that is!!
    How much would you get for the car if you sold it for scrap? Mark had an old VW once that was pretty bad, used to have to lift your feet when you drove over a puddle LOL.....Ended up getting more selling it to a scrap yard for spare parts than what he paid for it.
    I'm the only dishwasher we have here but it is possible to find mouldy plates in Ems room if I dont nag and check!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi I've seen those guys and they do look scary and weird.
    I haven't been on as much myself. Granson does look lost LOL

    HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Helen, I wondered that, too ... what he thinks he looks like like that. He was at Grandson's birthday party (he's dating DIL's sister). My mom and ex mother in law were sort of freaked out by his appearance. Glad he wore regular pants that day, or I don't know how Mom or Ex-MIL would have taken it! LOL!

    If I were to part the car out I might make $1500 on it. Might. That's if I have Married Son use his connections and get the best price for salvage parts. Still not worth it. Guess I'm going to be driving it as long as I can before it falls over dead. Think I'll end up having to alternate cars for a while, LOL!

    Yippee, now we can make our cubby without worry of losing Grandson in the Jungle!! Next time he's over I'll snap pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cassie, scary is right!! Seemed like a nice kid, a little mixed up with his fashion sense. Definitely someone I'd rather be on the good side of!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. That cracked me up..what a great lot of photos that would have been lololol.

    I'd be like that too with the car I think especially having paid out money to fix it, just doesnt seem right not to!

    Woohoo, look forward to seeing them =)
    Did you guys used to play cowboys and indians? me and my brother did.. all the whoop whoops and everything, tying up to the clothes line etc.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Helen, I actually do have a photo or two of the Tattooed Pierced Dude in a Kilt ... didn't get any real good ones, I had to do it on the sly.

    I guess the car is a manageable dilemma, it could be so much worse, I could be without any vehicle. LOL. Married Son suggested I drive the car long distance, the van locally to save my gas expenses. Problem with that is I don't trust the car for distance driving. It's a long way to have to walk home if something else breaks down in it, LOL!

    We played Cowboys and Indians from time to time, but the most popular was Cops and Robbers. Funny that Mom frowned on us tying up one of the little kids to the tree yet she didn't say anything when we used *police brutality* to throw one of the neighbor kids into "jail" (the lawn mower garage - part of our pool cabana)!

    ReplyDelete
  15. The penguins won?? Woo-hoooo!!

    I used to find moldy bowls and plates in Jaclyn's room all the time. I always knew when anything from the kitchen was missing and I knew exactly which room they were in!! Oh... and there was a reason why the ant spray was always in her bedroom too!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  16. LMAO Thats too funny.

    Maybe mom was worried you'd do the bonfire thing when tying up to the tree, or if anything like my mom it would be because the neighbours could see, the jail sounds like it was out of sight hahaha

    ReplyDelete
  17. I'll let that comment about the Penguins winning slide, Pengy, only because you made it. But ... the Penguins winning is a BAD THING. Really. We're rooting for the Red Wings. If I were you I'd not say Go Penguins too loud. I can't be responsible for what could happen to you here in HOCKEYTOWN!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. At the moment there are 7 glasses in Emilys room, she asked me last night when I was talking them out........Uhmm hello!!
    I am gonna get the rubber gloves and hot soapy water with disinfectant in a minute and wash the bugs off just in case! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  19. Helen, we lived on a cul-de-sac, so it was very hard for anyone to see what we were doing in the backyard unless they were out there actually watching us. And get this, lol, we had a wooded area in the backyard. Complete with a clearing that had a burn pit ... and we could have fires unsupervised ... well as teens anyway. LOL! Somehow I don't think she'd have been too happy if we'd put a stake in the middle of the burn pit. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  20. LOL!! Kids and dishes. I hate to think how many dishes may be in Alien's cave. Talk about scary!! And there's no way on God's Green Earth I'd enter to retrieve dishes! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  21. OMG My younger brother would have been in heaven actually so would my mom, she used to burn all the leaves etc, she was still doing it when Andrew and Emily were toddlers, they'd go down and watch nanna burn off, thank goodness shes in a group of units now and has nowhere to play with matches.. funnily enough Em became attracted to lighting matches guess who mummy dearest blamed?
    I'VE NEVER HAD FIRES IN THE BACKYARD SO AM THINKING MAYBE IT WASNT ME LOLOLOL

    ReplyDelete
  22. Em just bought all hers out and then put her face on my chest and rubbed it on my robe. WITCH! It's in the wash now. I have to say though her face is looking really good now so I didnt start gagging LOL

    ReplyDelete
  23. Helen, what a brat! LOL! Mine's driving me nuts right now asking a bunch of spelling and grammar questions for a paper she's working on. I can't wait to read this paper, it's actually a scrapbook ... her life story.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Helen, that's funny!!!! That's why the burn pit was there, Dad would burn leaves in it. Or that's how it originally started. As teens we took over the "woods" and pitched our tents all summer long. Hehe, barely went into the house except to eat or use the bathroom. When we weren't swimming in the pool we were having bonfires and burning hot dogs, lol. The only real rule was that why my parents went to bed for the night the fire had to be extinguished. Man, those were the good ol' days!! Today there's no way I'd allow Alien and her friends to have a bonfire in my backyard.

    ReplyDelete
  25. I wouldnt even allow Em and her friends to camp out there, they'd be over the fence and gone LMAO
    I know that our kids dont think so but I really think we had it better with less than what they ever have had with growing up in such a progressive and techno world.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Helen, I agree!! The funny thing is they think we had it so bad back before computers and video games and cell phones. I wouldn't trade growing up when I did for anything.

    And you're right ... they'd hop the fence and heaven's knows what trouble they'd get into. Of course, with the skunks living under the shed and the half dozen or so homeless that live in a field not too far from here, I wouldn't give her half an hour after sunset before some sound chased her back into the house for the night! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  27. I wwouldnt trade it either.!!

    OMG Skunks now you know my girl would be trying to catch them and take them to visit people who had peed her off LOL

    ReplyDelete
  28. LOL!!! I can see her trying anyway ... these are the most people friendly skunks I have ever seen in my life!! And I do mean friendly! I've actually had Momma Skunk parade her babies in front of me a few times. They're cute as can be. Momma only saves her special perfume for Barky Dog next door. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  29. Oh well Em would def be trying to cajole it into stinking out enemies..oops perfuming LOL

    ReplyDelete
  30. LOL!! I can just imagine her holding Momma Skunk under her elbow and squeezing until Eau De Skunke filled the air!! LMAO!

    ReplyDelete
  31. ROFLMAO and even if she ended up stinky she'd say it was worth it!!

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh heck ya!! I have been lucky enough to not get stinky (not that I've ever aimed a loaded skunk at anyone, mind you) ... but I sure take great pleasure when I hear the neighbors had to tomato paste bathe their barky dog yet again. Good Skunk! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  33. LMAO.. So taht really works huh? Not taht we have skunks here thank goodness I'll never have to have EMILY bathe in it!

    ReplyDelete
  34. Supposedly it works. Personally I've never had to try it. And Barky is outside barking up a storm right now (so much for the nap I was about to take). I don't know Momma Skunks whereabouts at the moment, either. Wonder if he'll get it today yet? One can only hope. LMAO ... would serve those fools right ... here it's raining and that dog is outside with NO shelter for him to hide under should the rain fall harder.

    It's the dog I feel sorry for, really. They leave him out almost all day and most of the night with no food, water or shelter.

    ReplyDelete
  35. Thats wrong sometimes I think the tables should be turned and the owners should be left out in the same conditions, dogs dont have to live inside but they should be treated and cared for properly!!

    ReplyDelete
  36. Exactly!!! Then again, they're not the sharpest knives in the drawer either. He was outside the other day whining about how the dog keeps messing in the children's play area. Doih ... you fence the kids and the dog together and wonder why there's doggie doo-doo all over the place. Being an idiot would explain why, too, he leaves the dog out all night without provisions - so HE can sleep. Never figures the barking would wake up half the neighborhood. I was going to go out the other night and ring his doorbell and tell him "if I can't sleep you won't either" - only another neighbor beat me to it by about half a minute. Moron just won't get the idea that the dog needs to be in at night. Period. Cops don't help much ... I swear Barky shuts up as soon as the patrol car turns into the neighborhood.

    ReplyDelete
  37. Some people shouldnt have animals or kids!!

    If he lived here I'd have the ranger there, they'd take the dog away if the owner didnt try and fix the problem!!
    By The Way I LOVE the new page LOL

    ReplyDelete
  38. That's for sure that some people shouldn't have pets (or kids - and they have two under the age of two over there, too). Sad thing is they keep skirting local law by putting the dog in the house a few times a day for food and water. Just wait until it's hot out and there's NO water for that dog. That's when I can call animal control on them for animal cruelty.

    Thanks, I love this theme, too. The gal who designed it is on my friends list, themegirl, check out her stuff. It's adorable!! She did the ice cream theme I had previously, too.

    ReplyDelete
  39. You gotta wonder how hard it is to leave a bowl or bucket of water out. Patricks water is outside the cats and birds share it lmao... he lives inside and wont drink anywhere but outside but he gets out as often as he needs to.

    ReplyDelete
  40. Remember, we're not dealing with people that are too bright. Definitely lacking in common sense.

    ReplyDelete