Been a while since I've done a Friday Five. No excuses ...
To quote our Friday Five Moderator: "Hi folks! Today's topic shall be Five Favorite Modes of Childhood Entertainment! Originally, I was going to suggest Five Favorite TV Shows from Childhood, but then I remembered perhaps not everyone was as sedentary a child as I was. So, if you have five favorite TV shows (like I do), then feel free to use those. Otherwise, feel free to expand to other forms of entertainment."
So without further adieu ... My Five Favorite Modes of Childhood Entertainment ... and since it's nearly summer and so hot out, I'm going to concentrate on my Favorite SUMMER activities.
1) Swimming in the pool in our backyard. From sun-up to after sun-down ... regular fish we were!
2) Bike riding. On cool days my best friend and I would take off for a day of bike riding in our huge subdivision. We'd usually come home for meals, then head out again until night fall.
3) "Camping" in the heavily wooded part of our backyard. We had a clearing for a tent and a fire pit on the more than half acre woods. We were even allowed to have small bonfires. Ah, nothing better than s'mores on a chilly summer's eve!
4) Going to our summer cottage on Houghton Lake (Michigan). Lazy summer days spent at the beach, or sailing the lake. Going into Prudenville and going through all the little antique shops my mother loved so much (and where my antique addiction began). Miniature Golf. Go-carts.
5) Cuddling up on the couch on Saturdays with my little brother and watching "The Sir Graves Ghastly Show". I still love those "B" horror and cheesy monster movies of days gone by!
Great list! Thanks for playing this week. Love your page background, too! :)
ReplyDeletewow. Beautiful list of childhood entertainments experiences. I like the as all were good. Thank you for sharing. My favorite childhood entertainments are listed in http://jayaramanms.multiply.com/journal/item/192. please see.
ReplyDeleteI remember camping out in the back yard--once. Then we woke up to bugs on the tent netting & I decided it wasn't so much fun anymore! :)
ReplyDeleteSounds great. We spent alot of time outdoors finding our own entertainment. My brothers were younger than me and their games were pretty dangerous it seems when they talked about it later in life. Half of what they got up to we never knew. I mean I din't know the police brought them home one day after they were caught climbing down a chimney in a deserted house hahaha well we can laugh because they survived thank goodness.
ReplyDeleteHey a fellow "Flipper", summer is such a great time to get reaquinted with your family too, even when it gets so hot.
ReplyDeleteThese are pretty neat memories and sure beat, playstation, xbox etc
ReplyDeleteI love all the outdoors stuff, that's what childhood is all about
ReplyDeletehttp://stillwandering.multiply.com/journal/item/328/Friday_5_Childhood_Entertainment
Nice! Camping in the backyard was always as much fun as going to a campground as a kid. At least when you got scared you could run and hide back in your bedroom!
ReplyDeleteI loved sat, afternoon B movies too! Great list!
ReplyDeleteGreat list, when you look back those summers sound so good, I used to spend mine outdoors too and our garden always seemed to be full of children!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a lot of great Summertime memories! Nice list.
ReplyDelete