KUA

KUA

4/1/08

Ten Thoughts Tuesday

Wow!! It's Tuesday already??

1) I've been looking around for a new theme for my page. Haven't found anything I'd want to look at for too long. I love this Star Trek theme, but I'm thinking it's time for a change!

2) We had a short Business class tonight, lol. Short? More like get your grade and leave. If you have a grade of 89% or higher you're done with the class for the semester. Lower than 89% come next week to take the final exam and bring your grade up further. My grade as it stands right now is an 82.5% so I'll be taking the final exam. Even having to take the final exam, class will end two weeks early. Yippee!!

3) Another reason to want to move away from this neighborhood ... last night at around midnight we hear gunshot - sounded like a shotgun according to Single Son. Nice having a cop living under my roof. He went into "cop" mode - investigating the noise, making sure no one was injured and accessing if he could find out where the shot originated from. Unable to do so, there was really no need for him to call the local PD, they don't investigate unless there's property damage or blood. This wasn't the first time we've heard shots being fired. Something tells me it won't be the last either.

4) I got April Fooled today. Early. Just after the gunshot incident Single Son came into my room after he got back from investigating to tell me things were fine. Then he goes on to say that he's been offered, and is taking, a job overseas and will be leaving in two weeks for his new job. Said he would be gone about a year before being able to come back to visit. He wondered if I'd be okay "alone" (just me and Alien), I said something about then I'm sure Married Son, DIL and Grandson will want to move back in with me since it's not working out where they're living now anyway ... he says "no, they're moving to Kentucky at the end of the month". Seeing that I'd talked to Married Son yesterday and knew that to not be the case, I started to question Single Son. Dummy me fell for the line "they don't want to hurt you by letting you know they're leaving Michigan ASAP, Mom". Damn kid ... he's got such a good poker face - I fall for his pranks only all the time!! Grrrrrr ...

5) Yesterday was such a beautiful day, if you didn't mind the rain!! It was in the 50s, a welcome sign that Spring may finally be on it's way to Michigan. It was so warm, in fact, I opened the windows to air out the house. Kept my bedroom window open all night long, too. The wind was really blowing, to the point it actually woke me up. I closed the window only when fears of the wind blowing down the old tree in the backyard kept me from falling back to sleep. I had to close it to block out the sounds of the wind howling through the trees! And no, the tree didn't get blown down. That'll probably happen when I least expect it.

6) Married Son, DIL and Grandson stopped by last night for a visit. They weren't here five minutes and Grandson took over Grandma's computer. He sat happily for hours (literally) drawing on Paint and looking at all of Grandma's pictures. He'll be three in May. He's a little computer geek already!! The intensity on his face while he "painted" was too precious!!!

7) I got word today when my next "surgery" is. The mole on my face will be removed Thursday, next week. Since it's cryoscopy I won't need anyone to drive me, and I'll be able to attend my photoshop class that evening. I called my mom to tell her when the cryoscopy is and didn't realize the message I left on her machine was "they remove my face on April 10". She called my back in absolute hysterical laughter ... I had no idea what I'd said until she told me!

8) I have to get my car to the shop. Again. LOL. Nothing mechanical this time. The harsh winter cracked my windshield in two!!! I really need to find time to get it replaced before I get ticketed for it!!

9) Well damn!!! I just realized I didn't get the trash to the curb this morning!! Figures, I remember the Ten Thoughts Tuesday - but forget Trash Tuesday! Grrrrrrr ...

10) The more I play with Photoshop the more addicted I am to it!! LOL! I'm saving my pennies now for a few books on it. I'd love to be able to afford the version we are using in class - CS3, but it's a professional release, so you know it'll cost a fortune!! Yeah, I've found it on sale for $600!!! ON SALE! OUCH!!

BONUS THOUGHT! Photoshop Express is now available online FREE!! Yes, FREE!!! Here's an article about it. The article provides links should you wish to check it out further!! Although it looks to me like it's another photo storage site, it still looks like something I'll be checking out as time permits.


8 comments:

  1. thanks for the link--i keep meaning to stop by our bookstore and buy photoshop at the discounted price, but forget to do it every time....

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. I like your theme, but I hate that I can't just click straight back to my inbox at the top. I'm lazy...what can I say?

    2. You're so close! Great job!

    3. I hate that! I remember hearing that every now and then whey I lived in town. DUCK AND COVER!!!

    4. I fall for things like that, too. I wouldn't lie or joke about things like that, so it's hard for me to imagine that others will!

    5. I THINK we got most of the trees chopped down that were in danger of landing on our house. I THINK.

    6. They start younger and younger, don't they?

    7. SO FUNNY! Good luck!

    8. If you get stopped, just tell them that it JUST happened that morning and you are on your way to the repair shop! *giggle*

    9. You can't remember EVERYTHING, right?

    10. OUCH! I'm AFRAID to play with a program like that...I already want too many things that are out of my reach!

    BONUS: COOL! Let me know what it can do! FREE is right in my price range! : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amy ... enjoy the link ... lol ... I still haven't signed up for it. I'm one of those who wants to start playing the second I sign up for something. Don't have much time right now to really play like I want to ... so I'll wait until next week when the one class is over. Should free up a lot of time that way!! LOL! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Leann, if you don't wanna invest the loot in photoshop try GIMP ... it's very similar to photoshop, except it's *free*. http://www.gimp.org/ is their URL. If you need tutorials for GIMP go to http://www.gimp.org/tutorials/ .

    Yeah, I love the way I fall for Single Son's pranks. NOT!! He's got such a poker face, and a dry sense of humor. Makes for an interesting experience, lol. He's pulled pranks on me that I will never forget ... or should never forgive him for! Telling me Married Son was in a bad accident (he wasn't) ... or calling me up at work one time to say that the fire department had just left - that the damage wasn't too bad ... or that he's wrecked my car again (even tho he's had some *real * accidents with my vehicles before) ... I could go on and on but won't!! I chickened out from pulling an April Fool's day prank on him - he is terrified of snakes, LOL ... I wanted to plant a rubber snake in his van! The *only* thing that stopped me is that he's a cop - a weapon carrying cop!! My luck he'd pull out the gun and shoot the damned thing! I'll have to wait to pull it on him when he's not on the way to work and armed, LOL!

    My theme won't allow you to access your inbox? Drats. Not good!! I've been looking for different themes, but so far the few I like haven't worked well and I don't know CSS to be able to design my own. I'll keep looking, hopefully they won't have any glitches!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. HI sweety Ken has his surgery tomorrow morning. Not sure but might not be on for a couple of days. I am sure he will be fine.

    If your picking a new face is the new body FREE =)

    HUGSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thoughts and prayers for Ken's *big* day tomorrow.

    I wish I could *pick* a new body to go with the new face!! A nip here, tuck there ... yup, I could definitely go for it!! Glad it's not a nose job I'm going in for - the nose picking jokes would be unbearable! LMAO!!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like the theme you chose.
    Ouch @ the face removal LOL

    All those programs are big bucks which sucks LOL.I used to have an illegal copy of photoshop, I never got into it really though, I do like paint shop pro I have that on my computer.
    Hope the weekend is a good one for ya Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, Thanks, I love this new theme, too. Took me a while to find something I really liked. I'm sooooo picky that way! LOL!

    I haven't played around with paint shop pro a lot yet. It's either GIMP or photoshop. Right now I'm having to use GIMP as they have the animator that my older copy of photoshop doesn't have. Since we'r'e working on animations presently - I really have no choice, LOL!!!

    I still can't believe I screwed up that message to my mom by saying I was having my face removed ... oy!! What surprises me is that she (for once) didn't have some smart assed comment!! LOL!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete