KUA

KUA

4/28/08

Michigan Product Websites

I received this as an email and thought I'd pass it along ...

Look for these products online and while you are traveling through Michigan!
Check out these other websites for more ideas on how you can support Michigan companies with your purchases:

www.michiganwines.com
www.michiganbeerguide.com
www.buymichiganproducts.com
www.michigania.com
www.buymichigannnow.com
www.absolutemichigan.com

A note about this list: This list is in no way complete. It is a grass roots effort to encourage people help the state’s economy. With no motive other than that.

If every household started spending just $10 per week of their current grocery budget on locally grown foods we’d keep more than $37 Million each week circulating within Michigan’s economy. *

* http://www.michigan.gov/mda/0,1607,7-125-1570_2468_2471-183622--,00.html

Product, Company, website, Location:
Barbeque sauces, Pop's Barbeque Sauce, www.popsbbq.com, Clarkston

Barbeque sauces, Billy Bones BBQ, www.billybonesbbq.com, Sanford

Blueberry -everything, The Blueberry Store, www.theblueberrystore.com, South Haven

Cherry -everything, Cherry Republic, www.cherryrepublic.com, Glen Arbor

Cherry Products, Megan's Mom's/Natalie Robyn's, www.sixlugs.com, Interlochen

Essential oils, Lorann Oils, www.lorannoils.com, Lansing

Free Range Beef and Buffalo, TMZ Farm, www.tmzfarm.com, Pinckney

Granola, Michaelene's Gourmet Granola, www.gourmetgranola.com, Clarkston

Handmade Chocolate Truffles, The Chocolate Garden, www.chocolategarden.com, Coloma

Essential Oil Soaps, Bob's Wife's Soaps, bobswifessoaps.com, St. John's

Herbs and art, www.creekside-herbs.com, Cedarville

Hot pepper jelly, Mrs. Devaney, www.mrsdevaneyshotpepperjelly.com, Jackson

Maple syrup doodles, Sugar Bush, www.doodlessugarbush.com,  Blanchard

Mint Chocolates, Hanover's Mint, www.michiganmint.com, St. John's

Northern Michigan artisan bread, Stonehouse Bread, www.stonehousebread.com, Traverse City

Organic beans rice and grains, Vita Spelt, www.purityfoods.com, Okemos

Organic teas and products, Light of Day, www.lightofdayorganics.com,  Leelenau Pennisula

Preserves, Food for Thought, www.foodforthought.net, Honor

Preserves and fruitcake, Jampot, www.societystjohn.com/jampot.jp, Eagle Harbor

Salsa -fruit, Traverse Bay Farms, www.traversebayfarms.com, Traverse City

Bellaire Supplements, Fruit Advantage, www.fruitadvantage.com, Bellaire

The Pinconning Cheese Store, Piconning Cheese, www.pinconningcheese.com, Pinconning

Truffles caramels chocolates, Grocer's Daughter Chocolates, www.grocersdaughter.com, Empire

Vegan and vegetarian foods, The Vegetarian Express, www.thevegetarianexpress.com, Edmore

Mustard, Brownwood Farms, www.brownwoodfarms.com, Willamsburg

Stone ground wheat products, Maiden Mills, www.maidenmills.com, Holland

Coffee, Becharas Brothers, www.becharas.com, Highland Park

Sausages, Detroit Sausage, www.detroitsausage.com, Detroit

Cookies, Johnny B's, www.johnnybcookies.com, Saint Clair Shores

When $1 is spent locally, that $1 impacts three to seven local businesses before leaving the local economy.

6 comments:

  1. Pretty soon you can add my website...LOL

    Great info Lisa...thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Vicki, I didn't write it, just forwarded it - after converting it to a text file. But ... I was thinking about you while I was editing. Wondered if you're ready to be added to that list! Just let me know, I'm hoping to have a whole bunch more to add in the somewhat near future. HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa were you bored? Theres soo many blogs here rofl..I shall have to come back tomorrow. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, yeah I was bored! LOL. But I still would have posted these Michigan entries - bored or not. LOL

    ReplyDelete