KUA

KUA

4/5/08

Saturday is Study Day ...

It's a beautiful day today - temps expected to hit 60 and it's sunny to boot!! And I'm stuck inside studying! I'm taking a much needed break now. Business Marketing and Product Distrubition are the two chapters I have to study for the big test next week.

Well, I guess the good thing about being stuck in the house today is that I'm distracted by studying. Today's the 15th anniversary of my brother's suicide. I try not to dwell on the bad, but this date just doesn't bring back many good memories.

We heard gunshots again early this morning, sometime after 1 AM. Poor Alien just about jumped out of her skin! Sad thing is that I'm getting used to it. I so wish we could locate this moron so we can turn him into the LAW. Discharging a weapon within township limits is illegal. Ass is gonna hit someone some day - he already hit the side of someone's house. Although, I have to admit, I *do* enjoy the fact that on nights the gun is fired there are no barking dogs outside afterwards! Guess their owners figure their nuisance barking dogs may be the target of the shots. And could well be. Most nights there's a dog or two left out all to bark all night long.

Have I mentioned I'm soooooo ready to move out of this hell-hole? Used to be a nice neighborhood. Years ago. You knew at least a few neighbors, even trusted one or two with your kids - or a spare key to your house. Not anymore. Strangers. Total strangers. Their kids are kept in the house - you rarely see kids outside playing even on hot summer days! Give someone a copy of your key for safe keeping? Hell no!! Not any more. And then the jerk with the gun moves in. I'm pretty sure he's the same one who shot at my cat last summer when the cat escaped from the house. No one confessed to seeing who did it - if indeed anyone did see anything, not even to the cops when they showed up! So of course, charges could never be filed on them. However, WE had to pay almost three hundred bucks for having an unlicensed cat! Oh, the cat was fine - he wasn't hit with the bullet -at least the ass with the gun seems to have bad aim - he hit a house and not my cat, but the cat is terrified now when he hears any loud noises!!

Alright ... *someone* keeps unplugging my LAN connection!! I'm guessing Single Son is working on the network computer downstairs. Has to be. I've been booted more times than when we used to have AO-hell. I mean AOL. Guess that's my cue to get off the computer and get back to studying!

Ya'll enjoy this beautiful weekend!!


8 comments:

  1. Shame you have to study when it's so nice out....but good that you are. It does sound like your neighborhood isn't all it used to be - that's happening a lot of places. I'm really lucky myself - although my area is "starter homes" and apartments - the cost of living here is so high that most of the real trouble can't afford it....and we've got a lot of longtime owners that look out for each other. That's what keeps me here - the neighbors.

    ReplyDelete
  2. (Study break number three, LOL) ... Em, I live in a *starter* neighborhood, too. Out of the 50 or so houses in this sub, only a half a dozen homeowners, like myself, have been here for more than five years! No one looks out for their neighbors here anymore. Hell, no one knows their neighbors here anymore!! I couldn't tell you the names of either of my immediate neighbors if my life depended on it!

    Our close proximity to 1) the city of Pontiac (not a real good city to live near, we call it Ponti-crack for a reason!!) and 2) the mall that is all but abandoned now (less than 1/8 of it's stores are now occupied) have decreased our property values greatly. And we know what happens when property values are low ... the undesirables move in!

    I rent my house. My parents own it (but don't live here). Another reason to move ... I would hate to see them not make anything off the sale of this house. As it was, we "stole" in 14 years ago from the family that just wanted to get out from under it. I would hate for it to depreciate to the point that my folks realize *nothing* from 14 years of ownership!

    Back to studying ... the refreshing warm spring breeze is blowing through my open window ... and I want to be anywhere but buried under books! But ... won't happen today. Maybe tomorrow? LOL! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's a shame areas have changed so much, I'm lucky I know all my neighbours and trust most of them, my son (at 13) is safe to go out and hang out with his mates!
    Good luck with the studying and hugs for your memories!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Helen, actually it's not an unsafe area ... well, minus the occasional gunshot at night. At least it's not unsafe yet. And I don't want to be around if and when that happens. We're still able to go outside and enjoy days such as today. Rare to see any of the neighbors out enjoying their yards, though. Too bad there's no neighbors left that I actually know - or trust!

    Guess it's a sign of the times. "Cave dwellers" ... what can I say? LOL! Sadly, I'm becoming one of them. Slowly, but surely ...

    Thanks for the hugs ... lots of great memories!!

    LOL, guess it's back to the books. These chapters aren't getting read by themselves!! HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'd be freaked out with the gunshots and looking for a new place to live! I dont really socialize too much with my neighbors, I like the family next door, and I know the one family across the street and the one two doors down, but just to say hi, not to visit or anything. Good luck with the studying!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Terry, strange that I haven't freaked out yet. Of course, IF they were shooting at my house I'd feel differently!! Not sure why I'm not freaking either. Strange.

    But I'm working on saving my money for a deposit on an apartment somewhere. Not sure where ... but it looks like we'll be staying in Michigan for a while longer after all. Indefinitely at this point, actually. Married Son has decided to keep the piloting business in Michigan for quite a few reasons. Looks like I have little choice in the matter. So much for leaving Michigan, LOL! Oh well, maybe a change of scenery is all I need. Just get out of this area - the entire Metro Detroit area - might be just what I need!! Time'll tell, eh?

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is sad and I would be jumping outta mine too!
    Hopefully everything will fall into place and you will get to move sooner rather than later.
    You have an awesome attitude about it all. The way places change is sad, especially in regard to getting along and trusting neighbours etc,
    I still forget to lock my car and have to remind myself that our area is slowly changing and I need to keep the front doors snibbed even when I am home. Kinda sucks and I know it will eventually get a lot worse here I guess thats when we will look into moving for real.
    I dont like cats much (ok I am still feeding the stray cat but ahem its so sad looking lol and taht sorta contradicts what I just said) BUT I cant even begin to understand how anyone thinks its ok to hurt them in anyway at all let alone shooting at them unbelievable!
    My dog stays inside and if he was out and barking all night taht would drive me insane let alone the neighbours so he would at least be bought into the laundry or something.
    Dont study too hard and hope the rest of the weekend isa good one for you. Hugs!!
    ps. Hey guess whats been on here every sat afternoon for the last 6 weeks...go on guess..ok will tell ya lmao.
    Mrs Bucket (thats pronounced bou quet ya know lmao)_yeah I love that woman yesterday Rose decided she wanted to become a nun hahaha.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, thanks. I learned a long time ago that attitude is everything. Especially if there's nothing I can presently do about a situation. I'm almost paranoid about locking the car doors. Don't have anything in there to steal, but don't wanna make things too easy, either. And the house is always locked. Whether there's someone home or not. But that's been the way we've done it since we moved in - the county jail is only half a mile from here!

    I'm the same way with dogs that you are with cats! LOL! Oh, they're cute and all, and I don't mind petting 'em, but that's about the end of my love of dogs. When they bark all night and the owners stick 'em outside so *they* can get some sleep, well, that just irritates me to no end. BUT to shoot an animal for doing what animals do best? Jerks!

    OMG!! I LOVE Keeping Up Appearances!! I'm addicted to it. It's on here Monday - Wednesdays late night on the Detroit public broadcast channel. I never miss an airing even though I own the complete DVD set. Found a copy of Hyacinth's recipe book online. Used TWO ink cartridges printing that baby up!! Own Hyacinth's "Book of Etiquette For The Socially Less Fortunate", too. Can we say I LOVE HYACINTH?? LOL!!!! Oh, you wanna irritate Penguin?? Tell her how much you LOVE Hyacinth Bucket (That's Boo-kay)!! LOL!!!

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete