KUA

KUA

4/15/08

Ten Thoughts Tuesday ...

Oh boy ... let's see if I can come up with ten, LOL

1) Killer test in Database today. I really bombed it. Yup ... IF I get a D I'll be happy. Me, with the 3.452 GPA happy with a D!! It was that bad! I sat down to take the test and all the studying I did on SQL (a programming language) flew out of my head! I stared at the test like it was in some long forgotten ancient language! Why I froze, I don't know!

2) We had a fire drill in school today. Too bad I was already done with the test and was outside on break anyway enjoying not only the beautiful weather, but a ciggie.

3) Got my grade in Business in an email today. "B" is my final grade. I'm happy with that!!

4) I'm having problems animating my final exam for Photoshop class. No biggie. I'm sure I'll figure it out by this Thursday. Teacher says I can have an extension *only* if I absolutely need it, since I've missed a few days of class with health issues. I'm hoping not to have to take her up on her generous offer, but it's a relief to know it's there if I really really need it.

5) It looks like spring is finally in the air. It's a nice 56 degrees out right now. I've finally seen my first robin of the year, too!!

6) 96 years ago today, the Titanic sank. Yes, I'm a Titaniac amongst other things!

7) I'm trying to figure out what I want for dinner tonight. I'm home alone. Don't want to make a big fuss over dinner. Not sure what I want ... nothing sounds good lately. Not sure why. I'm not sick.

8) I get my stitches out Thursday morning! YIPPEE! I'm tired of an itchy face. LOL! From what I can tell, too, he did such a good job with the stitches that scaring should be kept to a minimum! YIPPEE!!

9) Married Son, DIL and Grandson came over yesterday. Alien, DIL and Grandson went off shopping and Married Son and I went grocery shopping. Nice to have muscles pick up those super-sized bags of cat litter and cat food!! We met up at McDonald's afterwards. Got some great pictures of Alien and Grandson playing in McDonald's Play Place. At 16 you'd think Alien wouldn't want to chase Grandson all over that thing, but she sure loves doing anything with him!! I'll post photos as soon as I remember where I left my camera! LOL!

10) Well, off to do my Photoshop final project. If ya'll don't see or hear from me for a day or two you know the animation project is getting the best of me, LOL! I'll catch up with ya'll when I can!!


22 comments:

  1. I hated when that happened

    STOP SMOKING

    YEAH B is good

    Sometimes that helps just knowing

    We had 68 today and our Ducks are back

    Mac and cheese always a good and easy choice

    YEAH sounds good

    It is nice she can play with him and enjoy herself good parenting I say =)

    You'll get it you always do =) HUGS

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was wondering if you could take a class in photoshop...I bet it's not easy. Grades by email hugh...how 'bout that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL, Cassie!! My smoking has allowed my kids to live as long as they have!! When the piss me off, I grab a ciggie and head for quieter grounds, LOL!

    Mac and cheese sounds good ... wish I had some in the cupboards!! It's too high in carbs to keep around (I am a carb addict!!) I ended up having ham salad on cardboard - I mean diabetic crackers - and a bowl of tomato soup.

    Good parenting? Shucks, thanks. I would have chalked it up to not wanting to grow up, LOL!

    Glad you have faith in me. My faith seems to be waining at the moment!! Think I'll quit for the night (the project, not that nasty smoking I do) and start fresh in the morning. LOL!

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jill, it's actually not too bad of a class. Lots of information. We're doing it without a textbook of any sorts, which isn't easy for me. I'm one of those hands on types, I need a textbook to follow along!! Check your bookstore. There's a lot of great how-to books out there. Heck, there's a lot of great online photoshop tutorials, too!! Check my links for one or two of them! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. 1. smoking is bad for your health

    2. You will be able to work out better with more lung capacity

    3. smoking causes other illnesses

    4. stinky cloths

    5. Never dated anyone who smoked

    These are motivators =)

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL!!! Every man I've dated has been a smoker, except one. I have thought about quitting ... maybe one of these days I'll actually be ready to quit!! Yeah it's a crutch. But I figure since I don't drink, do drugs or have sex anymore, I need something to do with my hands! LOL!
    Love ya Cassie!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. well then you do what works for you =)

    NO SEX keep smoking LOL

    ReplyDelete
  8. LOL!! Aren't I just pathetic?? I know it's bad for me. I know I stink from it. I know it's expensive. And yeah, I keep on doing it. Dummy me. The good news is I do refrain from smoking around non-smokers. Well, the non-smokers I like. LOL!! Great turn off for some asshole trying to pick me up if he doesn't smoke and I light up! Works like a charm! LMAO

    I did quit when I dated a non-smoker for two years. Still haven't figured out why I started up again!! Guess I just need to meet Mr Right, eh? Someone who can give me something else to do with my hands ... teehee!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I know that smoking is very addicting and hard to quit.

    Your a great person....................who smokes =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Whew, she still loves me!! (That sounds wrong on so many levels!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1) Poop on going blank, hope you at least get the D but I'll put an order in for a C for ya!!

    3) Congrats on the B !!
    4)Hope you can figure out the animation easily and quickerly!!

    7) Oh I hate that when everything sounds hmm or blah and theres no reason for it!!
    8)Yippee on getting them out AND minimal scarring must be at least 3 Yippees!! woohoo.
    Have a good one and hope you got all your photoshopping done with a minimum amount of effort and stress!! Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Helen, thanks!!! I need all the help I can get on that database class. At least we're doing an awesome project - should bring my final grade up a bit, LOL. If not ... well, I guess I just have to take the class again! Or switch majors again, LOL!!!

    This animation is going to get me drinking yet. And I don't mean my diet mt. dew either - unless it's spiked with rum!! I decided that I must be over-thinking this entire thing and decided to take a lunch break before I decide on a new plan of attack.

    I found out just a bit ago that one of the side effects of one of the medicines I'm on is loss of appetite. Whew!! And here I thought it was me that just went "blah" about food. Still doesn't make me want to eat, but at least I think I now know why!

    Thanks ... having the nickname "Frankenbelly" now because of a half dozen surgeries in the belly region ... I was really afraid of scaring on my face. I know my kids would start calling me "Frankenface". Bad enough Alien teases me with "stitch bitch" right now!! Frankenface ... NEVER!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. LOL a Titaniac, I've never heard that one before! You are a woman of many passions!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Glenda, LOL! That's me. Lots and lots of things that I have a passion for. The nice thing about the internet is that the majority of my interests can be researched online. From shipwrecks to local lore, to ideas about my many hobbies. It's also a downfall. I could spend all my time exploring my favorite topics and forget about my responsibilities - homework, housework, friends or family! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Good luck with all your exams, have just been having similar conversation with my daughter - she's just coming up to her finals and is stressed!
    I've started cheating with my shopping, ordering it online and having it delivered, it's so much easier to sit at my computer and then not have to carry it!
    Lol, don't think I could cope without my ciggies either!

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOLOLOL.....what a random thought! How were you reminded of this?

    ReplyDelete
  17. Photoshop....wow....I love it! I would love to take a course in it! Your so lucky! Good luck with your project!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Helen, Homework break! LOL! Oh wait, that's ciggie break. My photoshop project is going a little better, not much but a little better. Looks like I will have to take the teacher up on her offer of giving me that extension. It's either that or I swear I'm gonna crack!

    I should shop online. I sure hate going to the Maul, lol. Not to mention, all that gas saved by staying home!! Less pollution of the environment ... yup, sounds good to me!! And heavens knows with Single Son moving out I'm going to be needing to do a lot of replacing of those items I give to him for his new place. Hehehe!!!

    HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Amber, being the fanatic that I am, LOL, April 15 is forever drilled in my head. Titanic is one of my *bigger* obsessions. I own over 30 books, countless documentaries, and other material just on Titanic alone. Hello, My name is Lisa and I'm a Titaniac ...

    Check out my links area. I have a link for "Photoshop User TV". It's got great tips demonstrated live (pre-recorded actually, lol) by the Photoshop Guys as they're called. As of this posting there's 129 episodes. Lots to learn!! And the guys are fun to watch. HUGS!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey with some added rum yu might get some really freaky animations!! LOL.
    Glad you found out what was causing teh food blahs ~ gee your kiddos r cheeky boogers LMAO.... Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete