KUA

KUA

4/22/08

Ten Thoughts Tuesday ...

I'd thought of a great ten thoughts list for today, then something happened that made me so mad I forgot what I wanted to blog!! So ... let's make *that* number one and see if I remember my other thoughts as I go on ...

1) Well, "L" did it big time. Managed to piss off our entire group in Database class. Today was our presentation - our FINAL presentation. I went first. Uneventful, went as planned. Nice and smooth. Soft spoken, shy, "LL" gets up to the podium to do her part of the powerpoint presentation and she gets to the "Troubles we had with this project" page and there in big bold letters was "No one did any work except for two of us"  ... Excuse me??? To make a long story short, "L" rewrote the powerpoint without the groups knowledge!!! It was a boldfaced lie and "L" knew it. After class there was a huge argument about the lies. "L" stormed off, but not before making a few threats to three of us in the group (she left the fourth group member alone). "LL" was in tears because of the threats. Teacher called Campus Police to escort the three of us to our cars.

2) I'm hoping that "L" doesn't show up for the Photoshop class we're both in on Thursday. She presented her final project last week, so there's no reason for her to show up at all! Hell, let her. I really don't care. I'll be civil. Let's see if she can be? I mean, geesh, this is college - not high school. Act your age for Pete's sake.

3) I learned that the saying "You can take the girl out of the ghetto, but you can't take the ghetto out of the girl" really IS true!!

4) Anyway ... on to bigger and better things ... especially now that I've calmed down. Have you ever noticed just how therapeutic blogging really is??

5) Sooooooooooooo ... let's see. It's Earth Day. Happy Earth Day ya'll!!

6) Some of the things I do every day to help the environment are:
  • I turn off lights when leaving the room.
  • Recycle. And with recycling goes *salvage*!! Don't throw that old appliance away. Call someone who can salvage it!!
  • Microwave my meals whenever possible. It saves 50% energy over doing it in the oven or on the stove.
  • Reusable shopping bags. I haven't had to answer "paper or plastic" in over a year now. I bring my own canvas grocery bags!
  • Save precious, expensive, gasoline by designating one day a week as errand day. I pay my bills, grocery shop, and whatever else needs to be done outside the house and I plan the route well!!
  • I turned down the water heater to 120 degrees. Not only is it more energy efficient, but it's safer!
  • I don't use plastic sandwich bags or paper bags when I have to take lunch with me. Rubbermaid-type containers and a nylon lunch bag do just as well!
7) OMG!!! I really can't remember what I wanted to ten-thought today. This is sad! Really sad!! I've sat here for the last five minutes trying to think of what I wanted to say for thought 8 ... and I'm drawing a blank!! Complete blank!

8) How's this for random? LOL ... Book buy-back was today, too. I was only able to sell one book back to the college. They wouldn't buy the other one - the expensive one. Guess I add it to the pile of other text books I need to sell on Amazon. I really should list them, too. Summer classes will start soon.

9) I waited an hour in line for buy-back today!! Talked to the nicest guy that was standing behind me. Nice way to kill time. I got to hear all about his toddler children (3 and 5 y/o boys), his wife and her job (teacher), and his life. Proud young man, that's for sure. And no, I didn't scare him with stories of my children's antics!!! I wouldn't do that to a total stranger! Really!

10) I'm craving a snack so bad. I've had my mind set on those new "Flipsides" crackers from Town House (half pretzel, half cracker - YUM), cream cheese and pepperoni for days now. I think today's a good day to break down and treat myself to a few of them. Riiiiiiiight. A few?? Who am I kidding?? A dozen or so!!

I'll be catching up with ya'lls blogs throughout the day ... HUGS!!


9 comments:

  1. 1. Sorry to hear. I wasn't escorted from the building but was asked to keep it down. We were all yelling at each other. I was disappointed in myself for sinking to their level.

    2. Sometimes the other students are the hardest part of college

    3.scapper

    4.YES

    5.Happy Earth day to you

    6.Recycle as much as I can

    7. Rainbows that what it was

    8. Thats not right they should buy them ALL back.

    9. Just us LOL

    10. Hard to resist snacks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy earth day? Nearly $10.00 a gallon for gas over here and I gotta save the world too!

    Lower the price of gas and I will save the earth til the cows come home, til then, I am gonna leave the lights on, the heat turned up and use all the plastic bags I can for no reason! Then I am gonna put all my appliances on standby. Buy 100 watt lightbulbs and leave them turned on. Finally, just for the heck of it I am gonna empty all my recycling into the ocean!

    (There, I feel so much better now! )

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cass, what's really funny about that argument ... loud as she got I never yelled! But then again, I can't yell. When I do I lose my voice. For months at a time. Literally!! LOL! It was everything I could do to NOT reduce myself to the level she wanted me to go ... you know how that challenge gets made. Backing off only mad her madder ... which made me feel better. Go figure. I'm not a confrontational person by nature. Guess all that experience with "Bucky" (remember HER?) paid off!! LOL!

    Okay, so I gave in. Cracker/Pretzels, cream cheese and pepperoni. I had to force myself to stop at an even dozen!

    Rainbows!!! That was it! You're a mind reader. Scary for you to read *this* mind!!

    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amber, LMAO!!!!! Glad you feel better now!!!

    I still can't believe it ... well, yes I can ... I can't imagine ten bucks a gallon of gas!! That's outrageous!! But yeah, I'll still bitch the next time I fill up my car with $3.50 gas!

    Gee, and I started turning out the lights when not in use and turning down the heat because the price of utilities has risen too!!! I'm too cheap - or broke really - to pay more than I have to! LOL!

    100 watt bulbs!! Dang!! Now that's bright!! Reminds me of the "airport search light" we had here. 200 watts!! How it ended up in my lamp I'll never know! I don't even know where it came from in the first place! But I swear the local airport was going to call and ask us to turn that damned thing off as it was blinding the pilots! I could actually turn down the thermostat in the winter because when that thing was lit it would heat up the entire room!! How's that for energy efficiency? LMAO

    HUGS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it must be your cologne cause you do seem to attract people with issues, poor thing.
    Now - get busy and recycle those books of yours - sell yours and save a few trees.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cologne!! Em, I LOVE YOU!!! You're a genius!!! That's got to be it!!! That would explain sooooooo much!! That's why I attract losers in real life but not online - ya'll can't smell the perfume!!

    Single Son has much more Amazon experience than I do, he buys all his college text books there, and resells them afterwards. He'll list the books for me. All I need to do in trade, LOL, is to animate some stuff for StarFleet (the Star Trek fan association we all belong to).

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh yeah that would make me mad too!!
    Cant believe you all had to be escorted off Campus.


    Blogging is very therapeutic have to agree on that am glad it helped you calm down.
    Hugs!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Helen, actually we were escorted off property for our own safety. Teacher was afraid that "L" would wait until I was out in the parking lot and do something there. So ... he called campus police. I wasn't in trouble!! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well thats allright then!! LMAO...

    ReplyDelete